Ford has been popular for years as a great American automotive industry in many countries. Every year, Ford produces new cars with great models, powerful engine, and advanced features. Ford is very well-known of its SUV or SUT cars and it is trusted as one of the most dependable car industry. For several models, Ford provides Ford Trailer Backup Assist as the new feature, just like for the pickup truck 2016 Ford F-150 for example. This is surely a great and helpful technology for driving in controlling the trailer.
What is Ford Trailer Backup Assist?
If you own 2016 Ford pickup, some of them have equipped with Ford Trailer Backup Assist. For pickup or SUT experts, Trailer Backup Assist becomes something that unfamiliar in our ears. Trailer Backup Assist is new technology that comes in Ford pickup just like in F-150. For new driver or even a professional one, controlling the trailer becomes one tough thing. That is why Ford provides Ford Trailer Backup Assist to its pickup. Trailer Backup Assist can be very helpful for controlling the trailer in the right position without seeing to the back side of the car or even looking outside the car. With Ford Trailer Backup Assist, you only need to press the dial button and move the control knob for operating it. This is a truly brilliant solution for the costumes for saving their time and energy.
Steps to Use Ford Trailer Backup Assist?
For operating Ford Trailer Backup Assist, there are several steps that you need to do. For setting up this feature, you only need to use 4 things in your car:
- Information display in instrument cluster
- The control knob
- 5-way control in the left steering wheel, and
- Center display
After knowing where all those things are placed, let’s get started!
- The first thing you need to do is by positioning your pickup and trailer. Move the trailer behind the truck and make sure both of them are in line with each other.
- Next, set up the feature without shutting off your truck. Press the button on the control knob, and then press the down arrow of the 5-way control. After that, choose the “add trailer” in information display and then press OK.
- The next step is setting up your trailer. In this step, you need to name your trailer using 5-way control. After that, select your type of brake system, trailer brake effort, and the trailer type.
- Placing the entire sticker in green area on the trailer. After it is placed, the next thing is you need to take few measurements and enter it into the info display using 5-way control.
- Lastly, you need to confirm the location of the sticker. The system will locate the sticker using rearview camera. Make sure, the sticker is placed between 17cm and 55 cm from the trailer ball.
After the feature has set up, now it’s time to operate it! You only need to press the center button. Use the 5-way control and display screen for highlighting the trailer. After the system locates the sticker, the display screen will inform you to set off the feature. As you use this feature, make sure keeping your hands close to the control knob for controlling the trailer.